I picked some interesting phrases out of her 9 pages work, which could convince businesses to use Skype (some minor editing by myself):
- install the program where and when needed on as many computers at no cost;
- as the equipment is owned, it eliminates the need for another company to maintain and upgrade an existing VoIP tool;
- as Skype is simply a software program, it does not have any operational, maintenance, or management expenses;
- there are no early termination fees associated with a VoIP provider contract if it no longer meets the business’s needs;
- businesses can simply uninstall the Skype program without incurring a penalty and/or returning another company’s equipment;
- aside from the expense of a microphone and speakers or handset to make and receive calls, Skype’s optional extras are extremely low in comparison to other VoIP providers.